Advocate Attorneys LLP
Collection of Personal Information from Site Users
Generally, our web site can be visited without revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we ask for personally identifiable information from you, such as your name, company, email address, phone number, and address. We request this personal information in order to generally correspond with you, to provide you with a subscription to a newsletter or publication, to notify you about events, or to otherwise respond to your request. Where applicable, our website will differentiate between personal data fields that are optional and those that are mandatory to obtain the requested information.
Advocate Attorneys LLP may collect and/or track (a) the home server domain names, email addresses, type of computer, and type of web browser of users to the web site, (b) the email addresses of users that communicate with Advocate Attorneys LLP or the web site via email, (c) information knowingly provided by the user in online forms, registration forms, surveys, etc. (including name, address, email and other personal profile data), and (d) aggregate and user-specific information on which pages users access.
In addition, Advocate Attorneys LLP may place other tracking technologies such as pixels, end-user website activity, IP addresses.
Advocate Attorneys LLP may also collect hashed identifiers derived from email addresses for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising.
When visitors come to www.AdvocateAttorneys.com, third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on their browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
When a user performs a search within the web site, Advocate Attorneys LLP may record information identifying the user or linking the user to the search performed. Advocate Attorneys LLP may also record limited information associated with every search request made by the user and use that information to, among other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
Use of Personal Data Collected
Advocate Attorneys LLP may use the personal data it collects for internal purposes, namely, for solving technical problems, calculating overall usage statistics, for internal marketing and promotional purposes, product development, content improvement, and to contact you and provide you with the information you have requested. Advocate Attorneys LLP will not disclose to third parties any individually identifying information, such as names, postal and email addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal information which users voluntarily provide to Advocate Attorneys LLP, except to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws or legal processes (e.g., subpoenas), or to otherwise protect the rights or property of Advocate Attorneys LLP.
Advocate Attorneys LLP implements security features in an effort to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. Please note, however, that Advocate Attorneys LLP cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from Advocate Attorneys LLP via the web site or email. Accordingly, Advocate Attorneys LLP is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. In addition, whenever you select or receive a login and unique password for use of this web site, you are solely and fully responsible for the security of this information, and for all acts and actions taken regarding them. For more private communication, users can contact Advocate Attorneys LLP by telephone at the main office and direct line telephone numbers provided on the web site.
Users may at any time opt out of having their personal information used by Advocate Attorneys LLP to send promotional correspondence to the user, by contacting Advocate Attorneys LLP by telephone at the main office and direct line telephone numbers provided on the web site. If you receive a marketing email from Advocate Attorneys LLP, you will be provided with an automated way to opt out (unsubscribe) from that particular communication or from all marketing emails sent by Advocate Attorneys LLP. Please follow the instructions on the email you receive.
Opt-Out Right from Personalized Ads (Re-Targeted Ads)
- Web browser: You can opt-out of receiving personalized ads (including retargeted ads) served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions. Please note that this “opt-out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt-out cookie”, thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt-out again. If you use a Safari browser, please also see directions regarding our cookie-less technology opt-out, below.
- Cross-Device Opt-Out: In some cases, we may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt-out on a browser or device and we have additional devices or browsers linked to you, we will extend your opt-out decision to any other linked browsers and devices. Since we only link users across browsers and devices in some conditions, there could be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we have not linked, and where we are treating you as a different user.
- Mobile Device Opt-Out: To opt-out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting; and
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt-out of interest-based advertising”
Access & Correction
If you wish to access or update the personal information you submit through our web site or to make any inquiries about the processing of such information, please contact us at the main office and direct line telephone numbers provided on the web site. We provide individuals with access to their personal information where we believe appropriate, including in situations where you are entitled to access and review your personal information under applicable data protection and privacy laws.